Michelle is the Director of the Associated Psychology Practice and is a registered Psychologist with over 16 years experience working with children, adolescents and adults in the community and private sector. Prior to completing her supervision program and gaining full registration as a Psychologist in 2005, Michelle worked in Out of Home Care. Since then she has worked in mental health and has extensive experience in private practice settings.
Michelle has extensive experience in the assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and adults using a range of modalities including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) for PTSD
- Comprehensive Behavioural Intervention (C-BIT) for Tics & Tourette Syndrome
- Brief Solution Focused therapy
Michelle is particularly interested in, and skilled in helping people with:
- Police Officers with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder using EMDR
- Assisting people with tics and tourette syndrome using C-BIT.
- Anxiety & stress management – particularly for those struggling with perfectionism and people pleasing
To watch Michelle outlining some stress management techniques please click this link.
In addition to providing individual therapy, Michelle has also created an ebook and online course designed to help you overcome procrastination and self doubt so you can step up and achieve your goals.
You can find the ebook here http://Mindset Matters: Be a coach not a critic.
She has also created an online course: https://www.udemy.com/course/mindset-matters/?referralCode=BBE768229E9000E39E33
Michelle is eligible to provide psychological services under Medicare and is registered with WorkCover to provide psychological services for claims under workers’ compensation.
She regularly participates in professional development activities to extend her skills & knowledge. If you would like to make an appointment with Michelle, please call (02) 4722 3137 during business hours or click the link in the top right corner to book online.